Friday, November 4, 2011

The night before

Facts: 
-Tomorrow morning at 8:35am I leave Detroit for Singapore. 
-My bag is not currently packed. 
-I'm thinking about packing only socks, toiletries, a laptop and a skirt. 
- New hardest choice is which book to bring on the plane.
- My first hotel is apparently in the red light district of Singapore. 
- In an hour I'm going to a local dive bar with some friends for a "I may die in a fiery crash" get together. 

No, seriously. A few friends, Steve the boyfriend and I will be eating burgers and drinking beer tonight. Seems like the best way to spend tonight. Now you may be asking why I wouldn't be going to bed early and hydrating myself. Here's my answer: I'm super nervous right now and I haven't really been sleeping for the past week. (or at least I don't feel like it.) Tomorrow I will be on a lulling plane ALL DAY and therefore sleeping. Also, I'm not really going to be drinking tonight. So, given the option, wouldn't you want to be surrounded by supportive and loving friends instead of pacing your tiny apartment thinking you've forgotten something you've already packed?

Yea. That's what I thought.

Also, yes, I am young and dumb. I know.

Okay, I'm off to finish putting everything in my bag and take my anti-malaria pill.

Seriously, what book do I bring? 

No comments:

Post a Comment